Treatments and Services
At the Neurosciences Center at Temple University Hospital, patients have access to the latest treatment protocols, procedures and minimally invasive treatment options in our state-of-the-art facility, as well as appropriate clinical trials.
Neurosurgery offers treatment for the following conditions:
- Benign and malignant brain tumors
- Vascular (blood vessel) disorders of the brain: aneurysms, arteriovenous (AVM) or cerebral cavernous malformations
- Carotid artery disease (stenosis or narrowing of arteries providing blood flow to the brain)
- Neck and lower back disorders including: herniated disk; spinal stenosis; spinal fracture; degenerative, non-cancerous or cancerous conditions
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) for Parkinson's Disease
- Trigeminal neuralgia (tic douloureux)
- Traumatic head and spine injury
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Neurology offers comprehensive care for the full range of neurological conditions, with special expertise in epilepsy, stroke, multiple sclerosis and movement disorders.
Temple neurosurgeons have expertise in treating the full range of neurological conditions and diseases. When surgery is the best course of treatment, our experienced neurosurgeons provide advanced treatment options.
The Temple Neurosurgery faculty has extensive neurointensive care training and nationally recognized expertise in head and spine injury management. All are trained in Gamma Knife® radiosurgery.
Importantly, Temple has earned a national reputation for its expertise in carotid artery disease, which results from stenosis or narrowing of the carotid arteries providing blood flow to brain. As acknowledged experts in carotid artery disease, we evaluate and treat patients with routine or complex extracranial carotid problems, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic.
In addition to neurosurgery, the Neurosciences Center offers stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and is proud to be one of a select few Elekta Centers of Excellence worldwide and the first in the region to offer the combination of the Leksell Gamma Knife® 4C and the Elekta Synergy® S Linear Accelerator.
Radiation therapy treats brain tumors, cancer and other conditions with beams of radiation delivered by highly sophisticated machines or by radioactive particles. Patients undergoing radiation therapy in Temple's Department of Radiation Oncology can receive treatment and visit with their physicians without leaving the building.
Leksell Gamma Knife® 4C and Elekta Synergy® S are registered trademarks of Elekta AB, Stockholm, Sweden